What should I think about before I rent my vehicle out?
Before the renter's arrival :
- Check that you have printed all the documents (rental contract, inventory of fixtures form, insurance certificate)
- You will also have to clean the vehicle and empty the waste water if it has not been done already. You might also want to check that the renter will have enough gas and fuel.
- Do not forget to provide kitchenware and the necessary equipment to cook.
Once the renter has arrived:
- Ask the renter to show you his/her ID documents (ID card and driving licence). Give the renter a copy of the registration certificate of your vehicle.
- Show the renter how the motorhome works: Practical and technical tips (How to empty the waste water, how to check the fluids...)
- Once the rental contract and the inventory of fixtures form have been carefully filled in and signed by yourself and the renter (one copy for each party), plan to spend at least 30 minutes teaching the renter how to use your vehicle and perform some maneuvers with them.
- Wish him a great trip!
Do not hesitate to notify the renter about the most fragile equipment in your motor home and to share your experience: Nobody knows the vehicle as well as you, of course!
Please be advised: It is compulsory that the rental contract and the inventory of fixtures form are signed by both parties before departure.