Thank you for your interest in our site. The protection of your privacy is very important to us. Below, we provide you with detailed information on how we process your data.
1. Collection and use of data when creating a profile or concluding a rental agreement
We collect your personal information when you provide it at the time of a booking, when you contact us (for example, by using the contact form or when you send an e-mail) or when you create a profile. In the respective forms, the information collected is visible to all. We use your information to set up contracts and to process your bookings. After the deletion of your account, your data will no longer be accessible and will be deleted after the mandatory storage period, unless you have expressly consented to its further use. The deletion of your account is possible at any time and can either be requested by email to the contact email address below or be done by yourself if you click on "delete your profile permanently" in your profile.
Here is a list of the information we collect and why we use it:
- Full name (insurance and remuneration)
- Date of birth (minimum insurance age for a rental and for renting)
- Nationality (rental insurance and customer service management)
- Address (customer service contact, bank transfer, insurance) - given to the renter when the rental is validated, invisible to the general public
- Telephone number (customer service contact, renter/owner contact) - Passed on to the renter upon validation of the rental, invisible to the general public
- Currency (pricing display, payment and invoice)
- Presentation (trust in the rental relationship - not mandatory)
- Photo (trust in the rental relationship - not mandatory)
When you book, we ask you for your destination. This allows us to check that the insurance will cover you throughout your trip, even if you are traveling through several countries.
In order to secure your booking, we also need personal documents. These documents are not publicly visible and are only used for internal processing:
- Identity cards
- Driving licence
- Proof of address (not required for rental of vehicles registered in Germany
2. Collection and use of data at the time of the publication of an advertisement
In order to publish an advertisement, you will be asked to provide information about your vehicle and yourself. Some information is visible on the site to help the renter in the choice of their motorhome or van. Other information is invisible and is used to insure your vehicle correctly or to allow your payments:
Concerning the vehicle :
- Type of vehicle: visible
- Make and model: visible
- Registration: not visible
- First registration date: visible
- Value: not visible
- Country of registration: invisible
- Dimensions: visible
- Fuel: visible
- Consumption: visible
- Registration date: visible
- Gearbox: visible
- Number of seats: visible
- Number of berths: visible
- Address: vehicle displayed in a geographical area
Concerning the owner (invisible) :
- Identity card (for professional owners: identity card of the manager or legal representative)
- Vehicle registration document
- Insurance certificate
- Technical inspection
- Bank details
- Authorisation to rent (when the hirer and the owner are two different people)
- Kbis (less than 3 months old) for professional owners
- Shareholder Declaration document for professional owners (requested by our partner MangoPay)
3. Collection of data for the conclusion of a rental contract
4. Use of newsletter data
By subscribing to our newsletter, you authorise us to use the data you have provided to send you the newsletter regularly by e-mail. Unsubscribing from the newsletter is possible at any time and can be done either by email via the contact email address below or via a link provided in the newsletter.
6. Use of Google analytics
This website uses Google analytics, a web analysis service provided by Google Inc (www.google.com). Google (Universal) Analytics uses methods to analyse your use of the website, such as "cookies" (text files that are stored on your computer). The information generated during your use of the website is usually transferred to a Google server in the USA and stored there. By anonymising IP addresses on this website, the IP address is reduced before transmission within the Member States of the European Union or other parts of the European Economic Area agreement. Only in exceptional cases will the complete IP address be transferred to a Google server in the USA and shortened there. The anonymous IP address may not be merged with other Google data.
7. Use of New Relic
Through New Relic, we receive information about the time it takes for our site to load and the size of files downloaded. This information is transmitted anonymously and helps us to optimise performance to ensure a better user experience for our users.
8. Use of Heatmap
Using Heatmap, our team can see the most "clicked" areas of our site. This information is transmitted anonymously and helps us to optimise the performance of the site and to ensure a better user experience for our users.
You can prevent the data generated by the cookie related to your use of the website (including your IP address) from being transmitted to Google by downloading and installing the plugin available at the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en If you do not wish to install the browser plugin, you can click on this link to prevent Google Analytics from tracking your information in the future. In this case, an opt-out cookie is stored on your device. If you delete your cookies, you must click on the link again.
10. Information on using Facebook Connect
11. Email invitation to leave a review
If you have given us your consent, during or after the booking, by activating a checkbox or clicking on a respective button, we will use your e-mail address to invite you to leave a review of your booking. This consent can be revoked at any time by sending an e-mail to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
12. Right to information and contact possibilities
You have the right to information, correction and deletion free of charge of the data we store on your person. If you have any questions about the processing or use of your personal data, or if you wish to correct or delete your data and revoke your consent or object to a particular use, please contact us directly using the contact details shown under the tab "General terms and conditions".